Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I've been caught up in a whirlwind of flowing somethingness. A road trip to endless beaches and ceaselessly crashing waves in pristine nature. Watching in so closely with so much interest and concern on a rather tulmultous time of a friend's life. The blossoming friendship that is coming hand in hand. Rides on the back of a rumbling shiny bike, the sun in my eyes and the wind on my face. Decadent dinners and jazz clubs. The passing of my twenty-first and the departure of my sister for another city, so far away. Right down to the weather, so dramatic and sporatic; sweet hot sun intermittent with turbulent summer storms.
I have been so aware and immersed in the minute moments, the nonstop happenings, I think I lost the larger picture. Now I'm looking back on it and I must say, I feel a little overwhelmed. How did I get here? What am I doing? What do I do now?
This is certainly an amazing time in my life, a major pivotal point full of changes and excitment. And this is only the eye of the storm.
Now, with this new perspective, I batton down to enjoy the ride.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to be the sort of friend that
you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that
you've been always glad to be;

I'd like to mean as much to you
each minute of the day
As you have meant to me along the way.

I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
and leave them only blue;

I'd like to say the kindly things that
I so oft have heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul
the way that mine you've stirred.

I'd like to give you back the joy
that you have given me,
Yet that were wishing you a need
I hope will never be;

I'd like to make you feel as rich as I,
who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours with you to
lean upon.

I'm wishing at this time that I
could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
you've strewn along my way;

And could I have one wish this year,
this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend
that you have been to me.

Always...The backward hug.

 
At 7:51 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Darcy said...

wow, you just turned this weirdo day right around.
all i can say is thankyou, and right back atcha!

Bob Hope

 

Post a Comment

<< Home