Friday, December 10, 2004

Blog Crack

It has been one hour and twelve minutes since I officially created this blog. Already I'm feeling this strong alluring desire to write something bitingly witty and clever, or just anything at all. Why? The chances that someone will actually come along and read it is pretty slim. I'm likening it to a drug.
Over the past few months I've become aware of the mass amounts of online journals, blogs, and similar public outpourings of thoughts and ideas to a generally unknown audience. Of my small social circle, I can safely say that more of half of them write on a blog or something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some closet bloggers too.
Why is that we want to open up for strangers? Likely because we don't know them, they can't really judge us, and even if they do, who gives a rat's ass? But then what is the point? Catharsis without consequences. Confession and expression. I guess a person's need to express themselves freely, without worry of judgement or sensorship is what it all comes down to. Is that it? Maybe that's just my reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home