Sunday, June 26, 2005

Wild Summer Nights and Surreal Summer Days

Diving into the adventures of the moment, I've found myself in stange places over the past few days.
I've been in noisy bars mellow with beers. In flashy clubs with dancing horny drunk people in shiny clothes. Wandering quiet quaint streets with greens, jumping into greens, until the birds were chirping and it was suddenly dawn, laughing until our sides were aching and our bellies were scratched and our feet were dirty. (And that was all in one night.) Five ours later, we ate sushi for breakfast and sailed the day away, peaceful and tired in the hot june sun.
I've listened to electronic synthesized music in a white sound-proof room, drinking cafinated beer. Watched a soft core/murdering suspense from the late sixties. Swam in a pool under the stars and shared a shower at midnight.
I've dined fine food and sipped sweet wine, sharing freely of ourselves. Picked lavender and savoured the scent. Held hands and cuddled in the love of a friendship, rocked to sleep by the undulating ocean.
And the exhaustion of my body is incredibly worth it, but now I think I'm quite ready to fall asleep to the sound of soft summer rain.

6 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, June 27, 2005, Blogger Geoff said...

and once again I quote,

"so are you trying to pique my curiosity to a ridiculous level? whether it was a conscious effort or not, it's worked."

 
At 5:49 PM, June 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No games, no tricks, sharing so much.That first sip of wine, laughter from a couple with no inhibitions just love, ringing in the background.The warmth and joy we felt for them.The warm blankets when it got chilly. Freedom of expression without fear of reprisal. The extension of a hand, the acceptance !! learning about the lavender to the awkwardness of a late night unexpected conversation. The giggles afterward. The cuddles to the early morning fishermans Friend. In one fair swoop, a soul saved by the love of another. Friendship? Love? Does it matter!! To me, A gift!

 
At 9:57 PM, June 27, 2005, Blogger Darcy said...

geoff: it wasn't intended to be anything but myself expressing my joy at recent adventures. it would be nice if we could stop walking on eggshells, wouldn't it? if you want more information, to so satisfy your curiosity, i would gladly provide it for you :)

to mr "anonymous": something beautiful is happening here. i can't express my full amazement and appreciation for it. but i have a sneaking suspicion you know the feeling.

 
At 1:20 AM, June 28, 2005, Blogger Geoff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:22 AM, June 28, 2005, Blogger Geoff said...

Please... write me here, email or whatever. I have my theories... You have your own life, don't walk on eggshells for me. Stop caring about how I feel.

 
At 11:39 PM, June 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As promised, with out a game. Your sneaking suspician would be right. I wish i could begin to express myself, but find myself at a loss for words. How ironic, thats a first. You just take my breath away, Plainly put! no smoke, no mirrors, thats it, you leave me breathless. And its the best feeling in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home