Friday, February 24, 2006

Ugg

I hate ugg boots. Yes, I said it, and I want the whole world to know. They are ugly!. I wish people would wake up and see them for all that they really are: bulky, sloppy, shapeless bags of bad fashion for feet. Just look at them!


ugg

Brown and Beige was bad enough, but these new great spring colours really take it to another level. They look like bad toilet colours or easter eggs.

Now, I'm no fashion diva - I do not claim to be trendy or hip or stylish, and I don't read indoctinating fashion magazines. But perhaps this give me some clarity into the situation: Uggs are Ugly!

At UBC I have seen at least 3 pairs every day since it was cold enough. I see them slopping around all stretched out of any shape they might have once had, which was minimal to begin with. I see them with pants pulled over top of them, with just that bulbus toe poking out. I see them with pants cleverly tucked in, carefully arranged to look careless, showing off the full awful glory of the thing. I've even seen knockoff's which make me cringe and want to vomit.

An unbelieveable number of people have been duped by the fashion industry into thinking that these boots are something that they should spend their money on and wear as often as possible. For me, Ugg boots represent the ridiculousness of the whole fashion scene. I think the world will be a slightly better place when these things finally retire into the bad fashion archives.

One more reason to look forward to summer: it will be too hot for anyone to wear these god forsaken boots!

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, February 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HERE HERE!!! I absolutely despise those things. They are bad enough when they are new but once worn a while they look like somebody's fat, stinky old dog has been sleeping on them for a year! The time can't come soon enough for those things to go the way of Hammer-pants and Hypercolour shirts!
Cara

 
At 3:44 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Darcy said...

awesome reply. it made me laugh. oh Hammer-pants, aka: poo catchers! and the fat, stinky old dog sleeping on them...priceless. i'm laughing out loud...and i just snorted! whew.

 
At 9:00 PM, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha glad all the Major girls are in agreement. I just laugh when I see people wearing them! Imagine when ten years from now they have to look back at themselves in pics wearing those ugly pieces of trash.....

 
At 1:26 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Darcy said...

who's this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home