Monday, June 27, 2005

Transit Loops

He walked up to me and said, with the rhythm of a music man, "And I'm just driving along with two hands tied to the wheel and I've got my peddle to the metal and I can't let up and I can't let go, so away I go." Then he played me some tunes and he sang me some songs. He told me I was a goddess and he told me he would meet me in the next life. So I gave him some money and I got on the bus and I left him behind.
My experience of the encounter seemed straight out of Waking Life: a random stranger walks up to you and shares a piece of magic then disappears just as soon as they arrived.
As much as I'm sure he doesn't realize it, he really made an impact in my day. I told him to spend the money wisely (and it was more than just pocket change), and to take care of himself. And it wasn't just superficial advice, I really hope this for him.
So here's to you harmonica man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home