Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Baby Puzzle

About 2 months ago, my wonderful sister brought a little piece of hell into my life: a puzzle consisting of the faces of hundreds of babies! She had been on a puzzle craze, and brought the dreaded baby puzzle home from her boyfriend's house. The problem was that she hardly touched the thing more than a few minutes on the first day before she declared it horrible and impossible. So my dad and I got sucked into doing it, and it's taken up a great chunk of our time for about 2 months now! (We recommend this puzzel to NO ONE!) But today, just minutes ago, we put the last pieces in. Ahhhh, what a sigh of relief!
Now I'm left with this feeling of "Now what?" This puzzle has occupied me for so long now - I see the pieces when I close my eyes! I almost felt sad putting those last pieces in just now, only because it's been a part of my life for weeks now! How sad is that. I think perhaps I can officially label myself as THE biggest nerd ever!

275 Babies!
Now that this time sucking puzzle is done, will I have more time for more worth while things? Or will just one more foolish thing preoccupy my time? Dear gods, I can only hope for the former!

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, March 26, 2005, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I too love puzzles and I completely understand the addiction. The baby puzzle looks like something else -- good work!

(also, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog earlier. it made my day :)

 
At 5:33 PM, March 27, 2005, Blogger Geoff said...

I knew you'd finish it someday. Is it wrong to say i'm proud of you? Either way, you should sit down, stare at it, drink a beer and then burn it all.

 
At 9:18 PM, March 28, 2005, Blogger Darcy said...

you can be proud of me, sure. i myself am half proud and half ashamed. and yes, i wanted to burn it, but alas, it isn't mine to burn :( so i ripped it apart - two months to put together, two minutes to take apart.
but you know, at the same time as i wanted to destroy it (and then did destroy it) i also felt a strange attachment to it, and almost sadness. must have been something about all the time invested in it. weirdness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home